The Richmond CPCU Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee invited members to join us in attending the international insurance virtual festival, Dive-In!
What is Dive-In?
Dive In is a global movement in the insurance sector to support the development of inclusive workplace cultures. Its mission is to enable people to achieve their potential by raising awareness of the business case and promoting positive action for diversity in all its forms. Since its birth in 2015, Dive In has grown exponentially, reaching global heights with events taking place across 32 countries world-wide, attracting more than 10,000 people.
A host of Global Festival Partners are once again supporting this year’s festival, including: AIG, Aon, Arch, Aviva, AXA, AXIS, Chubb, CNA, DLA Piper, Dual, Gallagher, Howden, Kennedys, Liberty Mutual, Lloyd’s, Markel, Marsh & Guy Carpenter, MS Amlin, RenaissanceRe, RMS, Tokio Marine Kiln, Travelers, and Willis Towers Watson.
The 2021 theme was Active Allyship - what does that mean?
Allies make a continual investment in time to build awareness and learn about the D&I space; as well as support and uplift others while not losing sight on the areas that call for improvement and empathy. Click here to learn more about the 2021 theme.
Check out some of the sessions we were excited to attend:
- 9/21, 12-1:30 pm ET: Stronger Together: Showcasing D&I in the New Workplace
- 9/22, 10:30-11:30 am ET: Looking Beyond Race/Mental Health and the Power of You
- 9/23, 10-11 am ET: Bias in Risk Selection: Session covered one or more topics:
- Lack of insurance accessibility for lower income people/ communities of color
- Insurance gaps in communities of color
- Disparate impact of insurance industry policies/actions on communities of color
- Data analytics and social impact
We know that diversity and inclusion brings us all opportunities to learn from others and grow, and we strongly encourage everyone to register for future Dive In Festivals to participate in these important and inspiring events.
Click here to learn more about Dive In's global movement.